Salmonella Management For Food Plants
Category: Specific Microbe Control
Languages Available: English
Course Modules: Salmonella Management in Food Processing
It is recommended that trainees have completed Principles of Hygiene and Sanitation in Food and Beverage Processing in preparation for this course.
Salmonella poses a significant risk to the food industry, recognised as one of the most prevalent food pathogens and one of the most common causes of food poisoning. Combatting the risk requires action to be taken at all stages of the food production process.
This advanced training course maps the interventions that can be implemented to reduce the risk of salmonella contamination at the farm, in transit, during processing, packaging, retail and at the consumer’s home.
- Suitable for employees in the food industry, especially those in hygiene-related functions.
- Understand the Salmonella organism and its unique properties
- Be aware of Salmonella’s presence in food
- Be aware of the impact on human health
- Understand the impact Salmonella has on the Food Industry
- Understand the preventative measure that can be put in place
- Be aware of the key intervention points in the processed foods process
- Have an understanding of the key solutions to limit the impact of Salmonella
This course has been certified by The CPD Certification Service