GALAXY SKY7XI® MOBILE DEVICE TECHNOLOGY
Mobile devices like tablets and smartphones are the ultimate high-touch surfaces, creating a potential risk for pathogen transmission. Personal and facility-owned devices are potential sources of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs). Frequent hand-washing and the use of responsible disinfectant choices, like Oxivir® wipes, are a start, but there’s more to the story.
The solution is SKY Disinfection Technology. SKY uses high-intensity ultraviolet light in the “C” spectrum (UV-C) at close proximity to thoroughly disinfect the mobile device. The high intensity UV-C penetrates into cells of pathogens, such as viruses, bacteria and spores, breaking the DNA strand at the point of cell replication and rendering the organism inactive.
SKY gives healthcare providers confidence with fast, effective, responsible phone and tablet disinfection. Based upon the versatile design, the Galaxy SKY7xi® model can placed in multiple locations, including desktop, wall mount and mobile cart options. Accessible location of SKY makes it convenient, fast and easy for healthcare workers to disinfect mobile devices on demand, reducing hand-held device pathogen transmission.
- Fast and easy to use. No mess or fumes.
- Safe and effective – accommodates most mobile devices.
- Nontoxic –Accessible – Small footprint and robust construction enable placement in almost any location.
- Cost Effective – Low operating cost, low maintenance.
- Suited for iPads, tablet PC’s and smartphones up to 1” (2.54 cm) thick by 8” (20.32 cm) wide and 12” (30.5 cm) long.
- User-friendly operation promotes frequent disinfection of facility-owned and personal devices.
- Devices disinfected without harm to a 3-log to 6-log reduction (99.9% to 99.9999% reduction**) in harmful pathogens such as MRSA, VRE, MDR-Gram negative, Norovirus and C. diff spores.
- Based upon the versatile design, the Galaxy SKY7xi® model can be placed in multiple locations, including desktop, wall mount and mobile cart options.